Top 10 Rugby Betting Sites of June
New customers only. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
in Free Bets
+£10 Casino Bonus
New players only. Min deposit £/€/$10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/€/$10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager the bonus amount 40 times within 14 days • Casino Bonus expires after 60 days • Withdrawal restrictions, payment methods, country & Full T&C’s apply. 18+, BeGambleAware.
18+. New customers & 18+ only. Min. deposit of £/€10. Qualifying real money bet of £/€10. Min odds greater than or equal to 1.5 required. E/W bets excluded. Offer credited within 48 hours. Additional T&Cs apply.
New accounts. Join and place a fixed odds single bet at min odds of 1/2 and get 2 x free fixed odds single bets. Qualifying bet cannot be placed in-play or cashed out early. Free bets must be claimed within 28 days. 18+ begambleaware
18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit,: £10, max £10 free bet valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement. System bets not eligible. Neteller,Skrill and Paypal not eligible. T&Cs apply
18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit,: £10, max £20 free bet valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement. System bets not eligible. Neteller,Skrill and Paypal not eligible. T&Cs apply
up to £150
+25 Super Spins!
18+. BeGambleAware.org. New accounts only. Min. £10 deposit, debit card only. Up to 50x wagering, game contributions vary, max. stake applies, 7 day expiry. See full terms
+50 Free Spins
New Players Only, Full T&CS Apply
Did you know? We count the number of visits to each sports betting site every 30 days to give you the most detailed and accurate information.
Best Rugby Betting Sites
Rugby is an undoubtedly exhilarating sport to watch. Its players have to draw strongly upon their physical prowess while still showing the same kind of tactical nous as expert chess players. This helps to make rugby fun to bet on, too; however, this does not mean all rugby betting bookies are equal.
The sites can greatly vary in quality, and this firmly puts the onus on you discerning which of them are the best. Betway offers a generous signup bonus.
How to Choose the Best Rugby Bookmaker
Our website includes reviews of all of the previously mentioned rugby betting sites and many others. This can ease the process of working out which of these sites are especially suitable for you. Our reviews look at factors including the following...
- Promotions and bonuses - If you have a particular betting style, look at how sites differ in the requirements they impose for picking up bonuses and judge where your style would be most useful.
- In-play betting - While betting sites do not live stream rugby nearly as expansively as football, horse racing or tennis, betting while a game is underway can remain a fun and challenging experience.
- Coverage of rugby games/tournaments - The broader this coverage, the more scope you have for amassing winnings.
- Customer support - This should be strongly considered because, if a technical problem arises with your chosen site, reliable support can help you overcome the issue more quickly.
With our reviews aggregate page, you can also see how different sites compare at a glance.
Major Rugby Events and Competitions
Also fuelling the pleasingly high number of betting opportunities is the impressive quantity and regularity of major rugby events – whether you most favour rugby union or rugby league or are equally fond of both.
- Rugby Union World Cup - The most significant international event in rugby union, the World Cup is held every four years.
- Six Nations - In this yearly rugby union tournament, our home nations take on France and Italy.
- Aviva Premiership - Rugby union’s best English teams compete yearly in this, England’s top-tier rugby union league, which has produced many memorable moments over the years.
- Rugby League World Cup - First held in 1954, this is older than the rugby union cup. It also takes place every four years and is well worth following.
- Four Nations - Yet more international exploits in rugby league can be enjoyed every other year with this competition, in which England, Australia, New Zealand and a qualifier compete.
- Super League - This contest in domestic rugby league has been held since 1996 and is a cup competition bringing together 11 England teams and a French team.
- National Rugby League - Many rugby bookies in the UK also cover this, Australia’s highest professional league. It has 16 teams, including 15 Australian teams and 1 New Zealand one. Reviews here at Top 10 Sports Betting Sites can help you to find sites that enable you to bet on this league.
As you closely track these competitions, you could end up following – and even placing bets on – players who go on to become legends of the game. They could grow in stature comparable to that of these rugby titans. Who knows? This unpredictability generates much of the excitement with rugby.
How to Bet on Rugby
As a general rule, the more you know about rugby and its teams, the more successful you can be when you bet on rugby online. If you are relatively new to rugby, you can still learn invaluable information about a team – including its condition and recent form – on the team’s official website.
That website and other online sources can also provide you with news about the team, helping you to develop an insight into how the team is shaping up. It can also give you a heads-up regarding what the weather and pitch should be like for the team’s next match.
You can further boost your chances of landing big wins by trusting your intuition and choosing the right rugby bookies. Our comparison chart above can assist you with the latter – and this chart is regularly updated to take account of fluctuating odds and prices.
The best rugby betting sites feature many different types of betting. This could be advantageous given that the more of these types you can utilise, the more opportunities you have to win. Leading the pack in popularity is outright result betting, which involves simply betting on a game’s overall result. Looking high and low for the best deals is especially advisable with this kind of betting.
However, there are also accumulators, whereby you can bet on numerous matches in a series, and first and last try scorer betting, which is self-explanatory. You also have the option of attempting to predict how many total points will be scored in a match. This can include betting on the winning margin, the overall tally of tries and specific times at which points will be collected.
Here are some advanced tips for improving your rugby betting strategy.
Rugby Union vs Rugby League
There are many aspects of rugby, particularly the jargon, that could confuse people who have little experience of the sport. Those people could benefit from thoroughly reading our ultimate guide to rugby, with one key question many of them will have being: what is the difference between rugby union and rugby league?
What we now call rugby league had its genesis when representatives of 21 member clubs of the Rugby Football Union, the body that had governed the sport since 1871, decided to form a new organisation, the Northern Rugby Football Union.
This split had been mainly driven by the RFU’s insistence that northern clubs were not permitted to give “broken time payments” – financial relief that many players needed to play rugby. The RFU’s stance was that such payments would undermine the sport’s amateur principle; however, many northern teams had working class players who were unable to compete without such compensation.
Southern teams, by contrast, often had more affluent players who did not need this extra income. Therefore, there was the threat of a schism – and indeed, it happened with the Northern Rugby Football Union’s formation in 1895. Over 200 RFU clubs joined it in its first 15 years.
While the NRFU initially played rugby under the RFU’s rules, it quickly changed them to make the sport stronger and speedier in pace. It abolished the line-out in 1897, officially introduced professionalism the next year, and – in 1906 – lowered the number of players in each team from 15 to 13. The organisation renamed itself the Rugby Football League in 1922.
This gave rise to the colloquial names “rugby league” and “rugby union” as a way of distinguishing between the two codes of rugby that now coexisted. However, today, the differences between how the two are played remain small; the overall objective of the game of rugby has stayed intact.
Don’t look anywhere other than Top 10 Sports Betting Sites for all of the rankings and information you need to separate the best online rugby bookies from the rest!